Friday, December 13, 2013

Psalm 151

Yes, I know that Psalm ends with 150, and that there is technically not a chapter 151. Not, that I would equate my psalm with that of David or the other psalmists of the Bible, but here is a prayer of mine that I thought I might share because it might be a prayer of yours too.

Psalm 151
I ache and I grumble on the inside, but on the outside I just go on.
Days begin and end and all I do is press on. 
I feel as though I am just surviving, no where near thriving, I just keep moving on. 
Satan keeps making me distracted, trying to tear me down, but by God's strength I carry on. 
I am lonely, but not alone, for You, O LORD, are never gone. 
But, please I beg, You, I need more of Your strength to continue on. 
I am starting to doubt hope and replacing it with fear of new beginnings and so on. 
If I stay here what happens, if I go there what happens, what if I don't go anywhere - what shall I rely on?
If's are just worries, they have no ground for trust, it is just You, O LORD, that makes me strong. 
Fill my heart with laughter, teach me Your everlasting joy, for it is You I want to base my life upon. 
Comfort my heart all day long through the night and to the dawn. 
Pour Your grace upon me, give me purpose in Your Heavenly Kingdom. 
My Jesus, let me let go of worries and live in each moment so that Your glory can shine on, 
on me and Your people that we may bring Your name fame to those in the dark that need Your light to be turned on, 
on in their hearts, so that they will sing You an everlasting praise song. 
Bring power to Your servant so that my life will point to You and Your Kingdom. 
Jesus, I love you forever and forever and so on.

This was Inspirations: Psalm 151. Please stay tuned for more from Inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment