Tuesday, September 23, 2014

International Dinner Party: Southern Cooking

We celebrated the fourth of July Southern style!
Or at least that was the plan.

Menu
Buttered Biscuits
BBQ pulled chicken
Pigs in a corn cake
Mac & Cheese
Corn on the Cob
Sauteed greens
Sweet Potato Pie



 I will confess that I have never met a food I could not make, but then I met Southern cooking. I decided to follow recipes since I was less familiar with making southern food. Not only was I out of my comfort zone, but I was also crunched for time as I had to work 11-6 that day. I tried to make the macaroni and cheese ahead of time... which means around 8 in the morning before work... and baked it when I came home. Unfortunately, it quite possibly was the worst macaroni and cheese I have ever made. And, I've made some killer Mac & Cheese before. But, that's what I get for following a recipe right? Haha. Actually I guess I just picked poor recipes to follow. I'm not quite sure how my friends felt about the meal, but they probably would agree that my weakness is cooking southern food. 

Aside from the Macaroni and Cheese everything else tasted pretty darn tasty :)

I hope you enjoyed our Southern Night, join us again soon for our next International Dinner party!
#TraveltheWorld

No comments:

Post a Comment