Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Summer Diet: Slack, but Happy Ending

Hey! Here's my update for the end of my summer diet! It worked great, I am very happy with my results. However, I do wish that I would have been more diligent this past month. Since June I have lost the 9 very necessary pounds that I gained due to an over loaded carbohydrate diet that I ate while I was in Peru. Pretty much all I ate there was potatoes, rice, bread, plantano, fries, bread, oatmeal, quinoa, cream of wheat, and cake.

Now to lose those 9 pounds I did not do any real serious dieting, the main thing that I did was change my lifestyle diet and started exercising on the reg. I refused to eat rice (except with sushi) and tried to eat as little non-whole wheat items as possible. I added many many more fruits and vegetables and even some more protein (meat) and dairy.

I would have been able to lose the last 4 pounds that I do seek to lose if I would have been more diligent this past month as I mentioned previously. I am not 4 pounds overweight, just 4 pounds out of my comfort zone. I did injure my foot a few weeks ago and have had some pretty dramatic allergies in this past month, so I have let life be my excuse to be lazy.

Now my foot is pretty much completely healed, my allergies are under control and I am ready to restart this fall semester with an energetic hop, skip and a jump. I started my graduate classes today at Winthrop, bought some great veggies yesterday at the Grand Asian Market, and I'm headed to the gym right now. It appears as though a little more order is all I needed to have the encouragement that I needed to get back out there an exercise.

This is the last post for My Summer Diet. Thank you so much for enduring with me, encouraging me, challenging me, and keeping me writing. I have had so many great followers and I am so thankful for you all!

Say goodbye to my glasses and allergies and Hello to Fall Semester!


This was My Summer Diet: Slack, but Happy Ending. Stay tuned for The Fall Semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment