Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fitness Challenges: Flexibility: Splits in 3 Weeks

Okay I just read this challenge online and I'm a little bit afraid of it because I feel like I might fail at it. However, I am up for the challenge. I have always wanted to be able to do splits, and maybe now is my chance.
This Challenge is going to be Possible! Kim Possible.

Why would I want to be able to do splits? Simple: flexibility has so many benefits. Some that are important to me include lean muscle mass, better posture, and feeling more relaxed.

This is the game plan:

Week 1: Morning 15 minutes of split stretching. Includes what we used to call in child gymnastics pancake stretching, pike stretching, the number 4 stretch, yoga's intense leg stretch, pre split stretches, and sitting in a split.
Evening the same 15 minutes of split stretching.
**Before stretching move around a little, make your muscles warm.

Week 2: Morning 15. Afternoon 15. Evening 15.

Week 3: Morning 20. Afternoon 15. Evening 25.

Then I should have splits... We shall see!

This was Fitness Challenges: Flexibility: Splits in 3 Weeks! Stay tuned for more Fitness Challenges.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Andrea, how goes the newest goal? Have things progressed as planned? No worries if they haven't, just stick with it, even if progress takes longer than three weeks. You make a great case for training your body to do splits; greater flexibility has huge dividends, especially in the case of injury prevention. Plus, when you're already on the ground doing splits, you can easily roll on your back and rip out some crunches! Haha, how did the 1500 a week turn out anyway? Have you dialed it back to 700 (100/day) a week or something along those lines? Meh, just wondering where you find balance between a consistent weekly workout and trying new workouts or featuring 'guest workouts' as often as you do.

    By the way, I'm listing some items on eBay and plan on donating a portion of my sales to a non profit organization, so I scanned the Christian ones from NC that were available. I am deciding between JAARS and Samaritan's Purse with leanings towards JAARS since it's probably lesser known, and kind of cooler in my opinion. Regardless this had me thinking, can Givefifityone set up a way to receive donations via Ebay or paypal? I know you want to get the watches out there, but I also remember your goal to raise money for that event coming up next year, so exploring many different avenues of reaching it might be worthwhile. I'm not sure if the non-profit has to be a certain size or if there are fees involved with setting up an eBay connection, but it might be worthwhile to maybe check out just as another way for people to help raise money.

    Anyway, just an idea I thought I'd pass along; hope school and all your endeavors are going well. May the Holy Spirit help you actively decipher and live out the will of God the Father and may the perfection of Jesus be the cushion for you to land your disappointments on when you feel you've fallen short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, splits took a pause, but I plan to get back to it Monday! Abs... I've been sick, but I did complete the 1,500 week I need to do it again!

      I don't know if they can take money via paypal or ebay, however I can find out. I do have the fundraiser that I am going to be hosting in January, and we'll start raising money soon. I'm not sure on the specific venue for how yet. I'll keep you posted. Can you not write a check with the money?

      Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete