Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Summer Diet: Hello Yellow

You are my sunshine when skies are grey!

Today was a busy bee day. Which works out since it was a yellow day.

Secret Ingredient: Lemons
High in Vitamin C, natural detox, flavors water beautifully.


For breakfast I ate a yellow apple with 2 T peanut butter and drank a glass of lemon water.
My yellow apple and peanut butter.

For lunch, I was not sure if I was going to have the time to create something yellow. I was starting to stress about it, just a little. So, I prayed a quick prayer that God would help me through this yellow day. It might sound like a silly thing, but He is where we should turn our hearts in every stressful moment, no matter how big or small. Stress affects our soul and He is our soul keeper. Anyways today in lab we ended up making three different types of vegan recipes. They were tofu stir fry, analog meat dip Mexican style (which is a soy product made to look like meat), and hummus. Chick peas and LEMON!!! It couldn't have been more perfect. Not only was I able to eat my yellow color, but I was able to eat vegan! God is faithful in every part of our lives :)

My bee trail led me next to the pool with two precious kids that I babysit. And, afterwards when we were relaxing I did indulge in 3 saltines, I didn't bother to see if they were vegan, but they're relatively healthy.

I did some fun work outs before dinner time. Which I ate my left over pumpkin soup from yesterday, palm size of boiled chicken, a half cup of non fat cottage cheese, and 2 slices of sunflower bread.

But, then it happened, 11:00pm I am starving. I mentally calculated my caloric intake for the day and it was only around 1100, and 1200 is the minimum anyone should have for a regular day. Especially since I swam and exercised. SO, I had to do it, I ate 1 serving size of my carrot muffins that I made the other day and froze. So, they were still healthy containing whole oats on top and carrots inside.

So, note to self, eat the appropriate amount of calories, so I won't have to eat late at night.

That was My Summer Diet: Hello Yellow. Stay tuned to hear about Mr. Green tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Since you're being super healthy and all (and I mean that in a good way), do you eat regular peanut butter or do you use one of the natural peanut butters that has less (or maybe zero) hydrogenated fats. I've moved over, but it's highly recommended to keep it in the refrigerator after opening and mixing it, so the oils won't be so quick to separate and settle on top. Just wondering; keep up the good work, your blogs a nice mixture of nutritional/food information and your own recipes/taste testings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural peanut butter for sure, I would rather mix the oil back in than expose my body to the hydrogenated (trans) fats. I am considering looking into the peanut butters with added omega 3's as well, but haven't yet. And, thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad you enjoy it.

      Delete