Thursday, September 19, 2013

Andie's Kitchen: Homemade Greek Yogurt Experiment

I had a ton of milk that I needed to use up by tomorrow so I figured why not try making my own greek yogurt???

So, here's what I did. I found a recipe and this is what happened.

Step 1: Scald 4 cups milk on high heat for 5-7 minutes.












Step 2: Let cool for 45 minutes to an hour.

Step 3: Add 2 tablespoons live culture greek yogurt
Notice Live Culture


Step 5: Heat oven to warm for 4-10 minutes. Turn off oven and turn on oven LIGHT. Place mixture in oven for up to 12 hours.

Step 6: When the yogurt is settled like below. Strain for 2-4 hours. (I accidentally strained too long and had to add back some whey)

Notice how it falls off the sides easily.

Strain with a thin cloth.
Mix with honey and store!



Thank you for joining me today for Andie's Kitchen: Homemade Greek Yogurt Experiment. Stay tuned for more kitchen experiments!



No comments:

Post a Comment