Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fall 2013: Losing My Marbles

These past few days have been some of my most off moments in life possibly ever.

It all started a few days ago when I made pancake batter that I added TABLESPOONS of baking powder to instead of TEASPOONS. Fortunately for myself I was able to adjust the batter to make it taste delicious despite my large mistake.

Today though was the worst. First I locked myself, a dog, and a puppy out of the house I was at - locking my phone, keys, their house key, bathing suit (because I could have at least swam while I waited), and purse inside. I desperately searched for another way in, thankful to find a door that was unlocked!

A few hours later I was in the car with Lydia explaining how I like to always check when I get to the car to make sure I have my phone on me because I sometimes forget it in the condo... right after I finished that story (10 minutes away from the condo) I realized that I forgot my phone.

I decided to make chocolate cream puffs for my dad to say thank you for fixing the dishwasher (I think he has a magical electrical touch), and mixed the ingredients in the wrong order causing flat yet still tasty cream puffs. (I have made cream puff dough probably at least 30 times in my life, this was the first time I've messed it up)

Then we went to the store to buy milk and eggs to make the cream... well I forgot my purse and had to go back for it - thankfully I only made it to my condo gates. I followed the recipe this time exactly and decided that the cream was not very sweet, but it's too late to add sugar now :( I guess I'll throw some powdered sugar on top and hope for the best.

But, I must confess that I don't enjoy being a bad baker (I've made real food and it taste great still, so glad). I saw in a movie once a girl who baked all the time burned a souffle, which she never does because the situation was off. I have been off, and it's because I have been having an extremely hard time sleeping. My bed feels so uncomfortable all of the sudden and my dreams are so vivid they feel like I'm really somewhere else. My muscles are sore and I have a blister on my face (possibly a spider bite). I guess you can say I'm falling apart. My solution is scheduled to arrive by Monday, September 9. I ordered a 4 inch memory foam bed topper - let's just hope I can survive another week!

Pray for me and my sanity :) I'll let you know how it goes!

This was Fall 2013: Losing my marbles. Stay tuned for more of my crazy life stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment