Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fitness Challenges: The Curling Iron Workout

Today I invented the curling iron workout. When I curl or straighten my hair it takes me between 20-40 minutes, depending on how thorough I am being. Today I added work out moves, I would place part of my hair into the curling iron, then instead of just counting to 30 I would do some sort of move that lasted for 30 seconds.

Here are a few examples:
30 rib cage isolations (works the abs and obliques)
30 side twists (works obliques)
10-15 sumo squats
20 bicep curls (1 arm at a time, obviously)
15 stomach circles
Sorry boys, this one's for the girls.

I challenge you to take a mundane task such as curling your hair and turn it into an exercise. Be creative with it, as long as you are moving you are expending energy you weren't expending before. You're burning calories and not even changing your daily routine :)

This was Fitness Challenges: The Curling Iron Workout. Stay tuned for more Fitness Challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment