Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Summer Diet: The Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yesterday I arrived at my grandparent's house and my grandfather, Bob, told me he's looking for the chocolate chip cookie diet. Then I realized that I was living in the chocolate chip cookie diet all day. Oh, the perfect irony. As, I stepped into the kitchen I rehashed my earlier two chocolate chip cookies, one was a chips ahoy version that I would normally never touch, but it went really well with the vanilla gelato from my cousin's work. Then at lunch I ate half of my other cousin's bakery chocolate chip cookie. All of this rehashing happened as I reached for two mini chocolate chip cookies that my mom had just pulled from the oven.



Cooooooookies!
What do you know, I successfully ate a diet that someone wanted to see slash read about without even knowing it.

But, I will tell you I didn't feel so well. I don't know if it was the realization that I had just eaten way too many cookies and know that this week might make my next few weeks harder in reaching my goal or if it was the overloading of sugar.

It did all pass after my phone tragically died and all of my attention went to the best possible way to replace it.

I enjoyed Costco pizza with the family followed by another cousin's wonderful truly chocolate cupcakes for Bob's birthday.

Get this though, I didn't stop with my 'Chocolate Chip Diet' after 4 cookies and 1 cupcake. Late in the night I was offered baklava... if you know me at all you know that I have the biggest weakness for BAKLAVA! But, be proud I only ate a half piece.

So, here's my resolution: to never again, if I can help it or see it in the happenings, partake in the Chocolate Chip Cookie diet. It's not worth it. I'm sluggish (the time change might have something to do with it) and I just feel like there's negative zen going on within my body today.

This week I am going to make a goal to only eat Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. Starting with lunch today, because I already had a snack this morning. Oops. Camping and vacation can be dangerous for the quick grab foods.

This was My Summer Diet: The Chocolate Chip Cookies. Stay tuned for more of My Summer Diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment