Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Summer Diet: Week 3: Monday Tuesday Happy Day

Monday I completed my intense 20 minute workout that I described on Week 3: The Game Plan

I recorded my numbers so I can compare my progress
Minute:
  1. 42 squats
  2. -
  3. 30 lunges
  4. -
  5. 110 calf raises
  6. -
  7. 67 arm pumps while wall sitting
  8. 72 jumping jacks
  9. 55 side arm raises while wall sitting
  10. 70 jumping jacks
  11. 50 grand bat ma leg lifts
  12. -
  13. 40 sumo squats
  14. -
  15. 44 squats (more than the first time!)
  16. -
  17. 19 plie, releve
  18. -
  19. 21 lowering legs ab work out
  20. -
That workout was so incredibly intense, I felt great but at the same time immensely dead.

As far as food went I made a delicious 3 course dinner. Appetizer was broccoli and cheese soup (and I served it in little bowls), Main course was Chicken Creole Gumbo (this contained celery, white onion, red onion, yellow pepper, red pepper, tomato, pinto beans, garlic, carrots, and green onion! Oh and a hint of cayanne which is really good for your stomach, research shows it aids in decreasing your chances for stomach cancer), Dessert was pumpkin, zucchini, and yellow squash bread lightly iced with cream cheese icing (without butter added). This meal was so jam packed with vitamins and nutrients from all of the fabulous colors. I made sure to serve everything in appropriate serving sizes so you wouldn't over eat! 
Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Chicken Creole Gumbo

Serving Sizes


Tuesday I play ultimate frisbee for 1.5 hours in that insane heat. It was hard to run, but just breathing I think was enough cardio. Ha. I did sweat a good deal, and sweating makes for a good work out!

I should have eaten better that day... I pretty much ate breakfast: pumpkin bread, lunch: pumpkin bread, dinner: broccoli soup and gumbo. Yes, it was really great, but I ate a lot more pumpkin bread than I probably needed/could afford :) 

So, my advice when baking... SHARE :D

This was My Summer Diet: Week 3: Monday Tuesday Happy Day. Stay tuned for more My Summer Diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment