Sunday, July 8, 2012

My Summer Diet: Week 3: Friday Saturday Fun Day

High in energy, high in activity, high in fun!

Friday I cleaned my whole room. It was very needed and I did it at record time because we had people coming to see the house. So, when they arrived I resorted myself to the gym. I sat on the recumbent bicycle and petaled 10 minutes average speed of 12 and then 4 minutes increased speed ranging from 14-20. I repeated that twice and then did a two minute cool down. This is so much harder than you think! I wanted to quit the 4 minute boost both times, thankfully I pressured through. My legs felt great. Also, while I was at the gym I went ahead and did my weekly weighing for my week 3 results (sneak preview) I was pleasantly shocked and excited! Then afterwards we had another showing so I resorted to swinging... 100 pumps, now my whole body felt sore and the walk back up to my 3rd floor room was soooo long, but it was great! 
I then babysat 5 kids, all whom I love dearly. 2 of which were sleeping over and I hadn't watched in a very long time... it was a very blessed night baking cookies, painting nails, playing with hair, and having a slumber party. Then I was off to VBGB uptown, it's a fun venue with corn hole, giant jenga, giant connect 4, and table tennis. Unfortunately all of the games were in use while I was there, but I will definitely have to make it back. Afterwards I wandered over to Amelie's (see A Approved: Amelie's) for a nice chat with a friend! Late night though, fell asleep around 3:45.

Saturday I woke up early and headed straight to babysit. We played at the pool and with play-do. It was super fun. For breakfast I had frosted mini wheats and 1 of my secret stash homemade tortillas from La Mesa Tortillas in Tucson, Arizona. For lunch I had a granola bar, apple slices, 2 pb crackers, and a few cheese its. After babysitting I went to lounge by the pool with some friends, there I enjoyed watermelon and a taste of pomegranate juice with whipped vodka. I then went home to eat 2 cupcakes! and dinner which was a refried bean, avocado, cheese, lettuce, salsa salad. I re-met up with my friends and we all had a great time at Cowfish, a most interesting but delicious Charlotte restaurant. I did get to try their tuna sushi and some nutty dipping sauce... super good (but maybe I just hadn't eaten sushi in 5.5 months...) haha. All in all another great night. 

The weekend has always been super hard for me to keep up a diet. Dessert attacks me I swear. My eyes cannot say no when I see anything of the chocolaty form. I am going to hopefully get better at resisting this addiction. By God's mercy will I learn to with stand over eating desserts.

This was My Summer Diet: Week 3: Friday Saturday Fun Day. Stay tuned for more from My Summer Diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment