Saturday, October 6, 2012

Souptober: Broccoli Cheddar

This lovely soup I made in a hurry this Friday night!

I sliced my broccoli with the food processor and boiled it in water and chicken broth. In another pan I sauteed onions in a half tablespoon of butter with a splash of white wine. I added two tablespoons of cornstarch and some milk. It did not thicken how I wished it would, but I continued it anyways. I added a handful of cheddar cheese. After this mixture was complete I added it to the broccoli and let it cook for a few minutes on a higher temperature. I pureed it with a little half and half and a little more cheese. It was really tasty. Oh, and be sure to add garlic, salt, pepper, and nutmeg!

Enjoy :)

Green on Green :)
This was Souptober: Broccoli Cheddar. Stay tuned for more from Souptober!

No comments:

Post a Comment