Saturday, October 6, 2012

Souptober: Curry Butternut Squash Soup

This soup is delicious! If you like curry, you will love this soup!

I went to allrecipes.com and based my recipe from the Roasted curry butternut squash soup recipe.

First I roasted the cut butternut squash with halved onions. I left all of the peelings on and peeled them off after they were completely cooked. After they were peeled I placed them into a pot with some chicken broth and water. I added 2 T of curry, a dash of cinnamon, dash of oregano, garlic, pepper, and salt. Once it was completely cooked I pureed it and added coconut milk. I served it with a toasted slice of a wheat baguette and cheddar cheese.

Definitely try out this soup, it may be out of your comfort zone, but I think everyone should explore new food avenues and give your taste buds a fun adventure!


This was Souptober: Curry Butternut Squash Soup. Stay tuned for more from Souptober!

No comments:

Post a Comment