Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Souptober: Shrimp Chowder

Day 9. I was not hungry when it came time to make the soup, but I made it anyways because it was apart of my plan. I must say I'm glad I did, even though I just had a little bit it was ever so delicious and had a certain comfort to it.

I researched different recipes and did not like any one recipe specifically so I created my own.

I boiled some shrimp to create a shrimp stock. Once they were pink I removed them to cool and set aside the broth. I cut some red pepper and green onions and cooked them in a little bit of butter. I added a few tablespoons of flour and some milk to thicken it. Now for the fun part, to make it extra creamy I added 2 ounces of cream cheese and a 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper! I cut the shrimp into little pieces and placed it in a set it aside. I cut potatoes with their skins and boiled them until they were soft in the shrimp broth. Once the potatoes were cooked I added back the creamed shrimp mixture and made smooth. Add salt, pepper and garlic! Perfecto!



This was Souptober: Shrimp Chowder. Stay tuned for more from Souptober!

No comments:

Post a Comment