Saturday, October 6, 2012

Souptober: French Onion Soup

Since it was French, I pulled out the best French cookbook I could think of: Julia Child Mastering the Art of French Cooking.

I made my own beef stock with some short ribs that I bought. I added bay leaves, garlic, and some rind from Manchego cheese.

For the soup I cut one red onion, large white onion, and one mushroom. I sauteed it in butter and olive oil as suggest by Julia. I then added one teaspoon of sugar, and a half tablespoon of corn starch. Then I added a half cup of white wine and beef broth until I felt it was enough.

My friend Olivia came for dinner and helped me do some preparing of the soup. It was absolutely soupscrumptious.

I served it with two toasted wheat baguette slices, parm cheese, and mozzarella cheese.

Olivia's before she started hers.

Mine after I mixed it all together.
This was Souptober: French Onion Soup. Please stay tuned for more from this month of Souptober!

No comments:

Post a Comment