Sunday, October 7, 2012

Souptober: Potato Leek & Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Since, I had an abundance of Broccoli Cheddar soup from last night I decided to be conservative and reuse part of it in tonight's soup. Wonderful idea.

First I made a basic potato & leek soup. I cut the potatoes, and cooked them for a brief time in a drizzle of olive oil. I then added chicken broth until the potatoes were covered. After about an hour of them cooking I added some frozen leeks to the mixture. After about 30 minutes I added water to give it some more broth. I spiced it with basil, garlic, salt, and pepper. I also squeezed one lemon in to the mixture. Once it tasted just right I added a splash of half & half and a few spoon fulls of the broccoli cheddar soup from the night before. I served it with a dollop of sour cream.

It was perfect for this cold and dreary Sunday.

This was Souptober: Potato Leek & Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Stay tuned for more soups!

No comments:

Post a Comment