Thursday, October 18, 2012

Souptober: Misfit Soup

Day 17. I was supposed to make Tuscan Bean Soup until I realised that it is almost identical to Pasta Fagoli, the soup from day 11. And I had just eaten that soup for lunch! So, I did what any inventive house cook would do, threw together what I had and made soup.

It was rather fantastic! This doesn't make much 2-3 servings.

1/2 cup celery chopped
1/2 red pepper chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
3 mushrooms diced
1/2 cup white wine
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup quinoa
1 can navy beans
some water
cumin
cayenne pepper
garlic
salt and pepper

Cooked to perfection, which means with a lid until quinoa are fluffy.
Serve with cheddar cheese.
LUSH. I was so proud of my creation.
However, I wasn't too hungry so this is what happened:
portion control

I ended up eating two though. Ha

Upclose:


This was Souptober: Misfit Soup. Stay tuned for more days 14 more days of soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment