Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Souptober: Pasta Fagoli

Day 10 of Soup.

Today's soup is one of my classic fall backs, it is something I whip up when I need something quick and simply tasty.

You can make it brothy or let it soak all the broth and juices up and just eat it as a stew type of soup. I tend to eat it more like a stew.

Pasta Fagoli
Ingredients:
2-3 small potatoes cut into cubes (I leave the peels on for extra nutrients)
1 cup of chopped celery
2 T olive oil (cook your celery and potatoes in it)
1 red onion, chopped
3-4 long carrots, peeled and sliced in circles
1 can of pinto beans, drained
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can refilled with water
spices - italian seasoning, basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, dash of brown sugar, sea salt, and don't forget the pepper (I almost did, and it was not tasting right)

Cook until you like the consistency, serve with Ditalini noodles and cheddar cheese.


This was Souptober: Pasta Fagoli. Stay tuned for more fun with Soups!

No comments:

Post a Comment