Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Souptober: Ginger Carrot Soup

Asian soup! It was wonderful and souptacular! I had never had ginger carrot soup before so I went to the ol' reliable allrecipes.com

I chose the first option and based my soup off that recipe

My Recipe
1 small white onion, chopped
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
4 inch by 2 inch cut of fresh ginger, grated
1.25 pounds shaved carrots, cut in similar sized pieces
2 c. Trader Joe's chicken broth
1-2 c. water
1/2 c. half & half
1/2 tsp cumin
dash of cayenne

Instructions:
Cook onion in olive oil on low, grate ginger into the pot.
Shave (peel) carrots, cut and place into pot.
Cook for a few minutes, pour in chicken broth and one cup of water.
Cook with lid for 20-30 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup of water.
Cook with lid until carrots are soft.
Add final 1/2 cup of water.
In batches of 3 puree the soup in a blend.
Once everything is pureed pour in the half & half and cumin.
Serve with a dash of cayenne.



Beautiful fall color of orange! Oh and souper delish!

I had two customers (friends ;) Olivia & Trent) over for dinner. I also prepared a thai rice noodle dish to accompany it. I can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

This was Souptober: Ginger Carrot Soup. Stay tuned for more Souperful Soups!

No comments:

Post a Comment