Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Souptober: Vichyssiose

Day 8 Soup for lunch.

Vichyssoise is a pureed potato and leek soup that is served chilled so then what better thing to bring with me to lunch? I ate my cold soup at school Monday, but would not have predicted it would be equally as cold outside, so I had to fill up with something hot. I chose Pumpkin spiced Hot Chocolate from Starbucks, excellent choice I must say.

While I was eating soup a girl told her friend she really wants to have some soup now that it is cold... I felt so honored to inspire such a wonderful decision :)

To make Vichyssoise you peel and cut potatoes and cook them in oil just until the sweat a little. Add chicken broth until it just covers the potatoes and cook until they are soft. Add leeks and green onions (which I forgot... oops - it still tasted good!) Throw in a bay leaf with garlic, salt and pepper and simmer. When it is completely cooked puree and add some half & half. Bien Rico!


This was Souptober: Vichyssiose. Come back tomorrow to read about more soups!

1 comment:

  1. All your soups sounded amazing! Props for staying on top of the daily task of writing about them too. Also a heads up for winter preparation; a shot of peppermint schnapps in hot chocolate is a very tasty as well, though you probably won't be able to get that at Starbucks. haha, best luck on your soups for the rest of the week; hope people are dropping by your "soup kitchen."

    ReplyDelete